Generation Kill: Rules highlights
A few highlights that make this game a little different
than your usual scenario. All the normal Command Decisions' safety rules override everything else
and there is a detail page of the rules, but here are few highlights of some
NOTE: ELIMINATION HITS - different from usual CDWC rules
- Any hit BELOW the knees are NOT fatal.
- Any hit BELOW the elbows are NOT fatal.
- Any hit ON the elbows or knees ARE
- Anything BELOW the knee down to the toes is NOT fatal and you can
still play. Any shot BELOW the elbows and the fingertips is NOT fatal and
you an continue to play. This means if you are hit in the torso you are dead
If you are hit in the
calf, you are not dead, continue to play. A femoral artery is a real spurter and
will kill you if not treated immediately. Same for a sucking chest wound.
- All shots but head and neck shots can be healed by a
Marine medic within 5 minutes of being
- Gun hits DO NOT count.
- Hits to remote lines DO NOT
- Hits to pods, vests, torso
attached gear, etc are
considered as a torso hit and count. You are dead.
- Hits to air tanks directly on
guns are "gun hits" and do not count. Hits to air tanks on vests or on a
remote COUNT as torso hits. You are dead.
The reason for this rule change is to keep people on the field, minimize the
amount of walking up down those hills to distant DZs, and make the game as
much fun as possible.
- Lunch Break 1pm-1:45pm. Headcount for Bonuses at Entries at 9:45 & 1:45. Big Missions & Arms Race at 2pm. We suggest that you fill up your air tanks and
paintballs first and THEN eat so you are ready to launch promptly at 1:45pm.
There will be several BIG points missions due right then.
- Killing/wounding unarmed
civilians/role players will cost your team points. There will be lots of
role players/referees (dual purpose) besides regular referees on the field.
- Other players can request to see
your game ID on the field as a matter of security, no matter what color tape
you have on your mask.
- All role players are also
referees. Referees have the last word... always.
- Registration is first come first
serve, BUT Command Decisions and Team:Tango Alpha2, the producers, WILL
cap certain the teams to make it as fun and as challenging as possible. The sides may not
be fair or even, but war isn't either. We reserve the right to balance teams
as necessary (if necessary.).
- The Fates of War, bad intel,
and just bad luck may throw monkey wrenches at your army. Deal with it. It's
part of real war.
- Do not move,
touch or hide props unless it is part of your mission.
- You can
take hostile (Citizens) role players captive and commanders. Non-hostile role players may
be able to accompany you voluntarily.
- Shooting a non-hostile role player is -50 points. Shooting a Referee (or Role Player in Ref mode) can cost you 100 points or being ejected from the field.
- All role players are also referees. Referees have the last word, always.
- Other players can request to see your game ID on the field as a matter of security, no matter what color tape you have on your mask.
- Do not move, touch or hide props unless it is part of your mission.
- You can take hostile (Citizen) role players captive & commanders. Non-hostile role players may be able to accompany you voluntarily.
MOST IMPORTANTLY, everything is subject to change at any time in order to make this more fun & challenging. Refs/Role Players always have the final say.
We want everyone to have a great, SAFE time and any infringement of rules, wiping, back talk, overshooting, etc can end in expulsion of the game with NO warning.
- SAFETY GOGGLES must be worn by anyone in the playing field & chronograph/target range at all time.
- NO SHOOTING in any areas other than the designated playing field &/or target range.
- ALL MARKERS MUST BE CHRONOGRAPHED at 280fps
- BARREL BLOCKING DEVICES (barrel sleeves or socks only) must be installed at all times anywhere on the property other than the designated playing field & target range.
- NO PHYSICAL CONTACT, with the exception of barrel tags or assistance to players. Fighting or any aggressive physical contact will result in law enforcement being called. Allow players within 20 feet the opportunity to call themselves out to avoid close shots.
- NO VERBAL ABUSE
- NO UNAUTHORIZED EQUIPMENT allowed.
- TANKS – stay 10-15 ‘ away from tanks. Tanks are killed by RPGs.
- BUNKER TAGS – Only players INSIDE the building are killed.
- Snipers - 10 shots, works with Ref Spotter via radio,
- Attack Helicopter - near invulnerable (except for AA gunners), can carry A weapon, 15 minutes of fuel. Can be captured if out of fuel.
- Anti Aircraft Gunners - can shoot down attack helicopters
- Engineers - can plant explosives (mission based), defuse explosives (with mission card) and rebuild bridges & structures
- Medics - can heal anything but a head wound if reached in 2 minutes
- Spies - assassin, intel
- RPG - Anti Tank weapons - i.e. bazooka style launchers
- Grenadiers - Anti bunker - i.e. Havocs
- Unmanned Aerial Recon Drone - invulnerable aerial recon player with 15 minutes of fuel that cannot carry a weapon
- (Mad) Suicide Bombers - Everyone wants to be the suicide bomber. It's a thankless job that always ends in your death.
- Smart Bombers - Suicide bombers for the Marines. One time play, ends in your death.
- Translators - needed to speak to the opposing side. Depending on the scenario, may be needed to speak to certain role players.